POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feeling the pinch yet? : Re: Feeling the pinch yet? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feeling the pinch yet?
From: Chambers
Date: 21 Mar 2008 04:48:38
Message: <47e38476$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>  My electricity and gas prices have soared bigtime recently, as well as many
> other things like food, petrol, etc.
>
>     I think I said this here a few years ago, but something is not going to
> be good soon. Tighten your seatbelts, and enjoy the ride.
>
>     If I ever meet any PoVers through the smoke and rubble, don't kill me,
> ok? I'm on your side.
>
>      Later...
>

>         ~Steve~

So, prices are going up.  Things are more expensive than they used to
be.  How is that any different from any other time in history?

Admittedly the cost of energy is going up quite dramatically, but one
could argue that's because we've been living lifestyles that aren't
sustainable.  At least not until we get some better alternative energy
sources.

But I'll tell you what.  We're working on our emergency supply right
now, and have more than a month's worth of water, and something like two
months' worth of food.  If you'd like to stop by after the apocalypse,
we'll be glad to share with you - as long as you don't kill me for my
corned beef :)

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com